Funding Call - Electric Vehicles (24 August to 14 November 2018).
A funding call for the creation of a cross-border Electric Vehicle (EV) network opened on the 24 August 2018.
Full details of the EV call including the expected results, outputs and results can be found here.
The call closed on the 14 November 2018.
A presentation delivered at a thematic workshop on the EV call can be accessed here.
Sustainable Transport (ERDF €40m)
Transportation across the region is dominated by car usage, which results in high carbon emissions. This trend is set to increase in line with rising population and economic growth. The Programme will provide support to greater connectivity between the three jurisdictions, creating a more coherent and integrated network, which can join up public transport, cycling and the enhanced use of electric vehicles.
This objective will promote cross-border, intermodal and sustainable mobility in the region. It will result in an increased number of passenger journeys (up to 25%) utilising cross-border public transport services by 2023. It will also increase the number of cross-border journeys made by walking/cycling (up to 10%) in the region, as well as the number of Electric Vehicle (EV) registrations, up to 2,000 by 2023.
Output: Creation of one cross-border, multi-modal public transport hub encompassing integrated services
Output: Creation of 80km of new cross-border greenways
Output: Creation of a cross-border EV network including 73 new/upgraded rapid chargers
The above outputs can be achieved through the following indicative actions:
- Development of a cross-border, multi-modal hub which facilitates a shift to public transport by providing modern, cross-border, integrated services, such as park and ride, public cycle schemes and car share, etc;
- Development of cross-border greenways and cycle networks to reduce car journeys in cross-border transportation;
- Development of the existing cross-border infrastructure for electric vehicles, including upgrading/establishing rapid transport chargers and battery storage units;
- Development of the existing cross-border infrastructure for electric vehicles to ensure it aligns with and complements the Rapid Charger Network and enhances connectivity and cross-border mobility;
- Research into charging infrastructure, specifically more sustainable approaches to charging electric vehicles, including the use of EV chargers on ferries.
Electric Vehicles Thematic Call Workshop
The SEUPB are holding an Electric Vehicles Thematic call workshop for all potential applicants seeking financial assistance under the ‘Sustainable Transport: Electric Vehicles' Objective of the INTERREG VA Programme, as follows;
Date: Friday 24th August 2018
Event: 10.30am to 1.30pm approx
Venue: The McWilliams Suite
The Wellington Park Hotel
21 Malone Road
Belfast, BT9 6RU
The workshop will focus on the requirements and technicalities of the call, and the required competencies in applying for the funding available.
Before registering for this workshop, potential applicants are encouraged to read page ten of the INTERREG VA Programme Citizen's Summary document, which provides further detail on this objective
Registration is available via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/electric-vehicles-thematic-call-workshop-tickets-48443102624
Closed Funding Calls
The SEUPB closed these calls at 3pm on 29 January 2016.
- Sustainable Transport - Objective 3.1 ''Creation of one cross-border, multi-modal transport hub". Full details of the call, including expected results and outputs can be accessed here.
- Sustainable Transport - Objective 3.1 " Creation of cross-border greenways". Full details of the call, including expected results and outputs can be accessed here.
- Sustainable Transport - Objective 3.1 " Creation of a cross-border EV network". Full details of the call including expected results and outputs can be accessed here.
The SEUPB closed this call at 3pm on 30 September 2015.
- Sustainable Transport - Objective 3.1 'Creation of one cross-border multi-modal public transport hub'. Full details of the call, including expected results and outputs can be accessed here.
Review Panel Minutes
Review panel minutes for the Sligo Leitrim Northern Counties Railway (SLNCR) Greenway application are available here.