Business Investment in Research & Innovation (ERDF: €15.9m)
SMEs across the region are characterised by low levels of innovation activity and low levels of Research & Innovation expenditure. Cross-border cooperation presents opportunities to foster partnerships between SMEs and relevant research institutions, drawing upon the different research strengths across the Programme area.
This objective will increase the number and capacity of SMEs and micro-businesses in the region which are engaged in cross-border Research & Innovation activity aimed at the development of new products, processes and tradeable services. It will result in an increase in the percentage of SMEs and micro-businesses in the eligible area which are involved in Research & Innovation involving cross-border collaborations.
Output: 1,408 enterprises receiving support
Output: 19 enterprises receiving grants
Output: 1,408 enterprises receiving non-financial support
Output: 50 enterprises cooperating with research institutions
Output: 5 research institutions participating in cross-border, transnational or interregional research projects
Output: 469 enterprises receiving one-to-one innovation advice
Output: 94 enterprises in receipt of and Innovation Capability Development Programme
Output: 19 enterprises participating in cross-border, transnational or interregional research projects
Output: 70 enterprises engaging an Innovation Intern, on a cross-border basis
The above outputs can be achieved through the following indicative actions:
- Education and awareness-building programmes aimed at SMEs;
- One-to-one mentoring and advice programmes for SMEs;
- Innovation capability audits within SMEs;
- Development and implementation of innovation action plans tailored to the needs of the SMEs which address innovation capability deficiencies;
- Innovation internship programmes incorporating technology job creation, designed to address the capability deficiencies;
- A collaborative research and development programme designed to create and support collaborative research projects between SMEs and research institutions.
Closed Funding Calls
The SEUPB closed this call at 3pm on 21 October 2015.
- Research & Innovation - Objective 1.2 'Enhance Innovation Capacity of SMEs'. Full details of the call, including expected results and outputs can be accessed here.
Review panel minutes for the South West College application can be found here.