In April 2012 the SEUPB was requested by its Sponsor Departments to help develop the content of the new PEACE IV and INTERREG Programmes of 2014-2020. An important part in the development of the new programmes involved a public consultation to obtain the views of key stakeholders and members of the general public on the content, implementation and delivery mechanisms for the new programmes.
The first consultation with stakeholders across Northern Ireland, the Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland (for INTERREG VA only) ran from Tuesday 28 August 2012 until Tuesday 20 November 2012. A consultation information document was created to help with this process. An Irish language version of the document was made available.
A special presentation delivered by SEUPB staff was created to outline all key information associated with the first consultation process. A final summary of the consultation responses was created and made available in Irish. This summary also included a corrigendum from the West of Scotland Colleges Partnership.
The consultation events for the first consultation were held on the following dates and locations, detailed below.
- Tuesday 4 September, Templeton Hotel, Templepatrick, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday 11 September, City Hotel, Derry-Londonderry, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday 18 September, Europa Hotel, Belfast, 10am-1pm
- Thursday 4 October, UHI Executive Offices, Inverness, Scotland, 10am-1pm
- Friday 5 October, Radisson Blu, Glasgow, 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 10 October, Cavan Crystal Hotel, Cavan, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday 23 October, Mill Park Hotel, Donegal Town, 2pm-5pm
- Thursday 25 October, Armagh City Hotel, Armagh, 2pm to 5pm